- Received first approval in China from our India facility
- Started Phase III clinical trials for PCV
- Acquired 9 OTC brands
- Filed the first biosimilar with the European Medical Agency(EMA)
- Acquired portfolio of 7 marketed branded oncology injectables from Spectrum Pharma Inc
- Started clinical trials for our first biosimilar
- Started setting up an oral solid manufacturing facility at Taizhou for China
- Filed first metered dose inhaler (MDI) in USA
- Received approval for first Nasal product
- Divested Natrol, Dietary supplements business and turned into a net cash company
- Signed a definitive agreement to acquire dermatology and oral solids businesses from Sandoz Inc., USA.
- Signed a definitive agreement to acquire Apotex Inc’s commercial operations in 5 European countries.
- Started filing Oncology & Hormones, Dermatology and Nasal ANDAs in US.
- Acquired Generis in Portugal - Focus on differentiated technology platforms and Specialty Pharmaceuticals.
- Acquired four cell-culture derived biosimilar products from TL Biopharmaceutical AG.
- Acquired certain commercial operations in Western Europe from Actavis Plc., a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company
- Acquired assets of nutritional supplement maker Natrol Inc. and other affiliate entities (Natrol) through its wholly owned subsidiary Aurobindo Pharma USA Inc. (APUSA).
- Arrow Generiques SAS, a French subsidiary of APL announced the signing of an agreement to acquire the rights title and interest in its products Calcium and Calcium Vitamin D3 in France including the use of the OROCAL trademark from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Entered into licensing and supply agreements with AstraZeneca, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies to supply several solid dosage and sterile products for emerging markets.
- Agreement signed with China National Pharmaceutical Group Corporation (Sinopharm) to divest a majority stake in subsidiary company Aurobindo (Datong) Bio Pharma Co Ltd China (ADBPL)
- Aurobindo unveiled a new Logo and Corporate Identity at a ceremony in Hyderabad. The new corporate logo reflects the company’s pace of innovation and its industry leadership.
- Acquired intellectual property & marketing authorizations with TAD Italy, a generic company registered in Italy, to get an access to more than 70 ready to market products.
- Aurobindo made a strategic entry into the premium markets of USA & Europe with generic formulations, participating in the PEPFAR program initiated by the Government of USA
- APL acquired UK based Milpharm Limited, engaged in marketing generic formulations in the UK market.
- Acquired a sterile plant of Dee Pharma.
- The State Labour Department of the Government of Andhra Pradesh awarded Aurobindo the ‘Best Management Award’ in 2005 for the Company’s contributions towards community development, harmonious employee relations and employee welfare.
- US FDA unit of US Department of Health and Human Science approved the company’s Unit VIII facility and received US FDA clearance for AIDS drugs.
- JV between APL and Shanxi Tongling Pharmaceuticals launched under the name Aurobindo Tongling (Datong) pharmaceuticals Ltd China
- APL’s 100% subsidiary company in China commenced commercial production
- Aurobindo received its first Certificate of Suitability (CoS) approval from the European Directorate for Quality Medicines (EDQM)
- Launched an exclusive anti-viral division Immune to educate and to provide preventive drug care for HIV/AIDS patients in the country.
- Launched two more drugs in 2001 namely Efavirenz (Viranz) and Nelfinavir (NELVEX) for the treatment of AIDS.
- Acquired 79% stake in Ranit Pharma Company under the same management. Ranit Pharma and Calc Private Ltd were amalgamated with APL as of 1st April 2002.
- Diversified product portfolio further with the introduction of wide range of Cephalosporins (Oral & Sterile) and anti - virals in addition to macrolides, anti-ulcerants, quinolones, semi-synthetic penicillins, and formulations for domestic and export market.
- Joint Ventures launched for formulations business in US.
- Sri Chakra Remedies Ltd was amalgamated with the company.
- Glaxo (India) the Indian subsidiary of the UK-based multinational formed an alliance with the company to meet its global bulk drug requirements.
- Merged with Chaitanya Organics Pvt. Ltd. Commercial production of the pharmaceutical formulation unit started in April.
- Aurobindo Pharma became a public company in 1995.
- Another unit was established for the manufacture of CMIC Chloride, a bulk drug intermediate, at pashmylaram near Hyderabad
- Commenced operations during 1988-89 with a single unit manufacturing semi synthetic penicillins (SSPs) at Pondicherry
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited (APL) one of the world’s top 5 manufacturers of semi synthetic penicillins was incorporated in 26th December 1986 as a private limited company by Mr. P.V.Ramprasad Reddy and Mr. K.Nityananda Reddy