Founded in 1986 by Mr. P. V. Ramprasad Reddy, Mr. K. Nityananda Reddy and a small group of highly committed professionals, Aurobindo Pharma was born of a vision. The company commenced operations in 1988-89 with a single unit manufacturing Semi-Synthetic Penicillin (SSP) at Pondicherry.
Aurobindo Pharma became a public company in 1992 and listed its shares on the Indian stock exchanges in 1995. In addition to being the market leader in Semi-Synthetic Penicillins, it has a presence in key therapeutic segments such as neurosciences, cardiovascular, anti-retrovirals, anti-diabetics, gastroenterology and anti-biotics, among others.
Strengths and Leadership→
- Large manufacturing facilities approved by leading regulatory bodies
- Large diversified product portfolio
- Large R&D facility in India for formulations and active ingredients
- Vertical integration
- Proven regulatory expertise
- Technology and know-how for specialty formulations
Employees World Wide
Markets we are present
State-of-the-art manufacturing and packaging facilities globally